Wednesday, September 25, 2013

31DC2013 : Catching Fire Nails

Day 24 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2013 is here and my nails are Catching Fire with this Book challenge. I really enjoyed reading the hunger games series and after seeing Chalkboard Nails Smoke Nail Art I knew I wanted to try using the watercolor technique for a flame effect. How do you think it turned out?
I love these nails. In order to achieved the flame effect I placed a single larger drop of polish (than most watercolor tutorials call for) in the center of my nail, and then used pure acetone on a eye shadow brush and blotted it over the nail. I then altered colors making smaller rings until I reached the desired effect.
And here are a couple close up shots:
Colors used: Zoya Raven; Happy Hands Illusions, Micheal; Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Cherry Red; OPI Flit A Bit, & The "It" Color; and Color Club Art Club You're Golden.
 As always, please feel free to  leave me you're feedback on this manicure or any questions you might have. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.  
#31dc2013   #31DC2013