Friday, January 31, 2014

French Dotticure

I'm really excited to share this manicure with you all today. For the Lacquer Legion's Reinvention challenge I knew I wanted to visit one of my first nail art inspirations, dotting (all of) my polishes on my nails - now I know it's a dotticure - because one or two was never enough. It just so happened the GOT (Golden Oldie Thursday) Challenge for this week is dots; hence they were meant to be paired together!

Once I discovered dotting my polish on my nails (using the bottle brush), I was hooked. I think I wore fully dotted nails regularly from its discovery in elementary school through early high school, when I become too busy to do my nails.
 In order to "reinvent" this look, I started with a base of OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy (my oldest living OPI) and then did a "French Dotticure" with my other old OPI polishes. I decided I wanted a dotted gradient with the darkest polishes on the tips and moving to the lightest as I approached my cuticles.
I also decided I wanted to reinvent my nail shape. I've been wanting to transition from a square nail to a squoval or more rounded nail for a while, and now seemed as good a time as any. I also figure I can always switch up my nails later if I don't like the change.

Overall, I really love the end results of my French Dotticure, especially from distance. I was only hoping to revisit an old nail art design and discovered that with a few tweaks I could create something completely new and different. So what do you think? Have you revisited any old designs or ventured out on a limb and tried something new? As always, Please, feel free to  leave me you're feedback or any questions you might have. In addition, let me know if you have any requests/ideas you would like to see. All my polishes are purchased by me (or a gift from a friend, not supplier) unless otherwise stated.
#LLreinvention