Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pretty & Polished April Showers

Day 5 of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2014 brings us to Blue. I decided to keep is simple with one polish - Pretty & Polished April Showers.
When searching for a blue polish to go with the Victoria's Secret dress I'm wearing to a wedding tomorrow I came across April Showers. I instantly knew it would go perfectly; and then remembered (shocked I might add) I'd actually never worn it. Obviously, this needed rectified and my search was over.
 I love that April Showers is a thermal (color changing) polish which shifts from white (warm) to blue (cold). I've always loved how thermal polishes look on longer nails, because the shift creates a sort of ombre/gradient French manicure.
I finished off this look with OPI Matte Top Coat (after applying my go to butter LONDON Hardware to smooth things out). I truly love the mattified finish with this polish and I'm glad I keep things simple.
 Thermal polishes - yay or nay? And if you do have a favorite, what is it? For me, this one may knock Tomboyish out of first place - although I haven't decide yet, and my decisions on polish loves change often. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and cheers to the weekend!