Monday, September 1, 2014

The French Come to Bed Red

Can you believe today marks Day 1, Red, of Chalkboard Nails 31 Day Challenge 2014? I know I can't! I'm going to try my best to finish the change, even if I need to create a few twists or extensions of my own.
Today's manicure features butter LONDON Come to Bed Red as the base. Then, to add some interest, I applied OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress using the watercolor technique to my tips. I finished with topcoat.
This manicure was a stretch for me as I'm usually not a fan of red or French manicures. I really did enjoy the juxtaposition between the cream and shimmer finishes. However, the whole time I was wearing this look I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. Of course, once I removed the polish I missed it.
While I battle back and forth over my feelings of today's manicure, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Have you ever worn an ombre, watercolor, or two-tone French manicure? If so, did you love it or hate? If not, why?
To all of you competing in the #31DC2014 I can't wait to see your inspired manicures and you grow throughout this challenge.